Effective November 24, 2020
You Are Never Required to Provide Health Information
Under no circumstances are you required to provide the TailTrax app or PetPartners with any health-related information.
Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is any information that can be used to identify or locate a particular person or entity, either alone or when combined with other personal or identifying information that is linked or linkable to a specific individual. This may include, but is not limited to: your first and last name, contact information such as a phone number or an email address, and information about your needs.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may collect certain information about you when you visit this Site, such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Safari, Chrome), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Windows OS or Mac OS), and your IP address and the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Xfinity, Verizon), and share such information with our partners. By itself, this information (“non-personally identifiable information”) cannot be used to identify you individually. We also may collect additional log information, such as the referring/exit pages you visit, date/time stamps, and related data, which is stored in log files. Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, and other tracking technologies. We use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of the Site and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze Site usage.
Information from Third Parties
About tracking technologies:
- Cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s device, which may be a session ID cookie or tracking cookie. Session ID cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Service and expire when you close your browser. Tracking cookies help in understanding how you use the Service, and remain after you close your browser. The Service may associate some or all of these types of cookies with your devices. Cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time.
- Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”). Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as “internet tags” or “clear gifs,” embedded in web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be used to count the number of visitors to the Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, and to count content views.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a Third-Party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Service, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Location-Identifying Technologies. GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, and other location-aware technologies locate you (sometimes with precision) for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on your location.
For more information about tracking technologies, please visit www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0042-online-tracking. Some browsers have incorporated Do Not Track (“DNT”) preferences. As there is not yet an industry-standard DNT protocol on how to interpret DNT signals, we do not honor DNT signals from browsers at this time. However, you may refuse or delete cookies to prevent tracking activities, as described above.
How We Use Your Information
- Manage our Service, including your subscription to newsletters or other programs we may provide and for which you have selected;
- Offer you information about our services or other information you have requested, or to respond to your questions, emails and other requests, and to provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats of harm;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Conduct research, including surveys, focus groups, or other insight gathering methods;
- Improve the Service or other affiliate websites, applications, marketing efforts, products, and services;
- Send you advertisements and communicate with you regarding our third-party products and services;
- Fulfill any other purpose disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information.
Sharing of Information
We may sell and share information we have collected about you, including personal information, with our partners for purposes of offering you information you have requested about our services or other matters. Our policy is to permit these third-party service providers to obtain only the information they need to provide the services and to prohibit these providers from using information for any improper purpose. We also make efforts to require them to protect any personal information to the same extent that we do.
Our affiliate companies and vendors may receive, or be given access to your information, including Personal Information and Usage Information, as needed for their work with us or on our behalf. Except as otherwise set forth in this section, these third parties are prohibited from using your information, including Personal Information, for any purpose other than to provide this assistance. We may permit third parties to use aggregate information which does not identify you, or de-identified data, for any valid purpose.
We also may share your information under the following circumstances:
- To comply with the law or with other legal processes and, where required, to respond to lawful requests by law enforcement or by other public authorities, or to respond to a subpoena, to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, to protect the integrity of the Service or company if we believe that a user has committed unlawful or otherwise harmful acts, or to protect our interests relating to a legal proceeding;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, consolidation with, or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of the Service or our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to an affiliated entity or third party;
- With our affiliates, business partners, and other third parties for their own business purposes, including audience profiling and direct marketing purposes; and
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information, and with your consent or discretion.
We also make efforts to require any party with whom we share information to protect Personal Information to the same extent that we do.
Your Rights and Choices
Accessing Your Information
You have the right to access, update, or remove certain information that you have voluntarily submitted to us through the Service by contacting us. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You can opt-out of receiving emails containing general information from us at any time, by following the instructions to click on the unsubscribe link, as provided in emails, or by contacting us. You also may request not to receive telemarketing calls from us by asking us to place your telephone number on our internal Do Not Call List (“DNC List”). Our written Do Not Call Policy for maintaining our DNC List is available upon demand.
We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children. We will never knowingly collect any personal information about individuals under eighteen (18) years of age. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal information about an individual under eighteen (18) years of age, that information will be immediately deleted from our database. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under age eighteen may have provided personally identifiable information through our Site, please contact us on this site.
Subject to any mandatory obligations to delete data, your information may be retained by us and in our agent portal, server logs, databases, and records indefinitely.
PetPartners takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Service.